Happy new year from the Vision Australia Library!
2020 was a big year of change for the library with upgrades to the updated Vision Connect App and i-access Kiosk, a new Website, and our move to the Bookshare platform. 2020 was a challenging year for many of us but our literary friends were there to teach us, take us on fictional adventures, and keep us entertained and informed. We hope you enjoyed Vision Australia Library’s selection of books, magazines, newspapers, podcasts and music Braille over the year.
What did members read in 2020? We’ve compiled a list of our 10 most requested titles by members in 2020.
- The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga available in DAISY Audio and eBraille.
- The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi Di Lampedusa translated from Italian by Archibald Colquhoun available in Daisy Audio.
- Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Hoeg translated from Danish by F. David available in Daisy Audio.
- The Lewis Man by Peter May available in Daisy Audio.
- 1st to Die By James Patterson available in Daisy Audio.
- Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M C Beaton available in Daisy Audio.
- The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler available in Daisy Audio.
- The Barefoot Surgeon: the Inspirational Story of Dr Sanduk Ruit, the Eye Surgeon Giving Sight and Hope to the World's Poor by Ali Gripper available in Daisy Audio.
- Above Suspicion by Lynda La Plante available in Daisy Audio.
- The Chessmen by Peter May available in Daisy Audio.
These titles and more are available in the Vision Australia Library catalogue.
In 2021 we look forward to bringing you thousands of new titles in our collection and new opportunities to connect with reading and writing. To let us know more of what you’d like to see from the library, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.