Digital Access at Vision Australia is recognised internationally as an industry leader in the provision of digital accessibility services, equally addressing the needs of all disability groups. Specialising in web accessibility consultancy, training and testing, our services are expertly designed to help our customers make their digital presence accessible to all.
Our advice and training is based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, formulated by the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI). A member of the W3C since 2002, Digital Access significantly contributed to the creation of WCAG 2.0
As a social enterprise, the fee-based services provided by Digital Access directly support Vision Australia’s wider activities. Our unique position working within a disability organisation ensures that end-users’ real-world requirements are foremost in all the services we deliver.
We have had a great response to our 2018 National Training Program. Our 2019 one-day training courses will teach you practical skills where you need them most.
Learn how to:
- Create accessible documents with our highly interactive computer-based workshops: Creating Accessible Documents: Word and PDF, Advanced Creating Accessible Documents: Microsoft Office, and Advanced Creating Accessible Documents: Adobe PDF
- Learn about Inclusive Design concepts and theory and how to put them into practice.
- Test for and resolve web accessibility issues for conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and beyond in our popular technical workshop, Web Accessibility Techniques and Testing.
- Create useful, usable and accessible content that works well on mobile, tablet and desktop browsers. Writing for the Web.
- Make your content accessible and check that it meets WCAG 2.1, Accessibility for Web Writers.