Accessible Communications and Marketing training teaches attendees to create accessible online web content, social media, emails, video and audio, and marketing. We’ll demonstrate solutions to achieve WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, as well as usability and accessibility best practices gathered through our own research and user testing across various disability groups.
This course is aligned with the Australian Human Rights Commission’s World Wide Web Access Advisory Notes and the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard.
Our virtual training sessions are live and interactive with an experienced instructor, and run as 2 hour sessions over a 4 week period. Each attendee requires access to a desktop or laptop computer with a good internet connection, and either a headset or microphone and speakers. Instructions for Zoom will be sent with the invitation. You will receive a copy of the digital slides and instructions via email for each module weekly.
"The course was very educational, our course instructor Josh had a wealth of knowledge and I can't wait to take my learnings back to my team to share and use going forward." Paige K. Wannon Water
"The Accessible Communications and Marketing course provides a variety of tools and resources any organisation can easily apply to make their communication methods more accessible for all members of their community. The content covers considerations for a wide range of disabilities, and breaks it down into easy to follow tips and useful resources." Alexandra M. EPIC Assist
"Fantastic course that everyone in marketing and communications should take in order to make their materials more accessible." Charley R. UTAS
Thursday, 2pm AEST, September 3, 10, 17, 24 : Sold out
Tuesday, 2pm AEST, October 6, 13, 20, 27
Tuesday, 2pm AEST, November 10, 17, 24, December 1
Each session runs for 2 hours.
Please email us to be added to the waiting list for future training sessions:
- $595 incl GST per registration
Group Discount (over 4 attendees)
- $535 incl GST per registration
Module 1: Introduction to accessible communications and marketing
- What is accessible communications and marketing?
- What is a disability?
- Legislation and legal requirements
- Introduction to assistive technologies
Module 2: Accessible Communication Techniques
- The Visual System
- Types of Vision Loss
- Accessible Communication Techniques for Vision Loss
Module 3: Accessibility Communication Techniques (continued)
- The auditory system
- Types of hearing loss
- Accessible communication techniques for hearing loss
Speech and language
- Types of speech disabilities
- Accessible communication techniques for speech disabilities
Physical and motor
- Types of physical and motor disabilities
- Accessible communication techniques for physical and motor disabilities
Cognitive and learning
- Types of cognitive and learning disabilities
- Accessible communication techniques for cognitive and learning disabilities
- Types of mental health
- Accessible communication techniques for mental health
Module 4: Other communication channels, governance
- Surveys and forms
- Feedback widgets
- Social media
You will be provided with digital slides and a list of resources for further reading.
Phone: 1300 367 055