Our online training sessions are live and interactive with an experienced instructor, and run as 2 hour sessions over a 4 week period. Each attendee requires access to a desktop or laptop computer with a good internet connection, and either a headset or microphone and speakers. Instructions for Zoom will be sent with the invitation. You will receive a copy of the handbook and instructions via email prior to the first training session.
Accessible Communications and Marketing training teaches attendees to create accessible online web content, social media, emails, video and audio, and marketing. We’ll demonstrate solutions to achieve WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, as well as usability and accessibility best practices gathered through our own research and user testing across various disability groups.
This course is in alignment with the Australian Human Rights Commission’s World Wide Web Access Advisory Notes and the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard.
Please email us to be added to the waitlist for future training sessions:
1. Introduction to accessible communications:
- Who it benefits
- Disability statistics
- Learning styles
- Accessibility Policy
- Centralised and Distributed authoring models
- Brand style and editorial guides
- Briefing suppliers
3. Web accessibility techniques:
- Plain English
- Legibility of text
- Images and text alternatives
- Colour contrast
- Content structure
- Video and Audio
- Maps and Charts
4. Accessible Advertisements
- Email, documents and social media:
- Email accessibility considerations
- Word and PDF accessibility considerations
- Social media considerations
5. Print Accessibility
6. Creating an Accessibility Statement:
8. What you should include in a statement
9. Handling complaints
- Social media
You will be provided with a handbook and a list of resources for further reading.
Phone: 1300 367 055