Learn about inclusive design concepts and theory and how to put them in to practice. This unique hands-on course will help participants gain an understanding of what a disability is and provide the knowledge, tools, and frameworks to design more inclusively.
The workshop is aimed at user experience designers, product designers, UI designers, visual designers and content producers at all levels.
Attendees are welcome to bring laptops or tablets to take notes (these are not provided).
- What is Inclusive Design
- The Persona Spectrum
- The different ways people interact with digital user interfaces and devices today
- Legislation and WCAG 2.0 and 2.1
- Requirements and stakeholder management
- Inclusive Design:
- User research, personas and usability testing
- Wireframes, prototyping, and mock-ups
- User Interface (UI) Design:
- Audio and video
- Content and structure
- Interactive components
- Charts and maps
- User settings
- Mini group project:
- Solve a design problem inclusively
Attendees will be provided with digital copies of the slide-deck and a list of resources for further reading.
2019 Course Dates and Registration
The course starts at 9.00am and finishes at 5.00pm.
From the list of locations below, click the date of the course you wish to attend. You will be redirected to an online registration page, which will provide venue details. Payment can be made online using a credit card (we will email you a tax receipt), or select ‘invoice’ to be invoiced directly from Vision Australia.
Cost and Inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715
- Full price: $795
Phone: 1300 367 055