Helping you maintain meaningful employment is an important part of our service to you.
Whether Vision Australia helped you get the role or if you have accessed our program due to your current role being in jeopardy, we will work with you to make sure all current and potential issues that may affect your role get properly addressed. You may need workplace support including:
- Vision management (such as lighting levels, experience of vision fatigue and confidence advocating for vision related needs).
- Travelling to and from work with confidence, as well as moving about the workplace (locating facilities, stairs, lifts and exits).
- Knowing emergency evacuation procedures.
- Modifications, adaptations and information access – necessary equipment installed and operational, and using that equipment competently.
- Confidence in ability to access and independently operate additional workplace equipment, systems and facilities; Awareness of safety and locational signage with details provided in accessible format where necessary.
- Understanding and undertaking your role in line with its position description and at a standard that meets employer expectations, now and in future.
- Adapting to the workplace culture (such as interacting with supervisor and co-workers establishing working relationships and workplace 'support network', participating in workplace activities and appropriate presentation.
- Conditions of employment (such as salary and entitlements in line with offer of employment and industry standards).
Specialised employment services are offered at certain Vision Australia offices. To find out what is available in your area call our helpline on 1300 84 74 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with our services here.