Life doesn’t stop after vision loss, Vision Australia will work with you to develop creative solutions and tailored strategies so you have the confidence to live your life the way you choose.
To help you to better understand your vision loss we can assess your sight and give you more information about your eye condition.
Your assigned Vision Australia worker will support you to modify your daily activities so you can continue to do what you want and love to do. You will also receive the benefit of the broad experiences of our professionally trained staff.
You can benefit from:
- Advice and training on equipment, strategies and techniques to support you to get the most out of life.
- Technology and aids such as magnifiers, correct lighting or screen reading software to assist you to stay organised, keep in touch, get things done, browse the internet, relax with a book and more.
- Support that develops your confidence and skills to get out and about safely and independently. You can learn how to use a white cane or be matched with a Seeing Eye Dog.
- Telephone and centre-based activities as well as excursions to support you to continue or find a new hobby, interest or sport.
- Support to prepare for, gain and stay in meaningful employment.
- Recommendations and training on appropriate technology to help you to stay in your existing job as your vision changes.
- Learning to read braille or other ways of accessing information, such as audio, electronic text or large print.
Contact us early and get the support you need. For more information on Vision Australia’s services call our helpline on 1300 84 74 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with our services here.