On this page
Navigating the world with confidence
From commuting to work and going to the shops, to meeting friends in the city and travelling the world.
Wherever you want to go, however you want to move. Whether it’s with a mobility cane or a Seeing Eye Dog – we know how important it is for you to get around independently. We’ve got a team of experts to help.
Moving on up
We offer services to help you travel with confidence. These range from learning to use a white cane to feeling confident to travel the world.
- Learn to use your chosen navigation device at your own pace.
- Travelling on public transport. Finding a large print timetable or learning to use the audio announcement system.
How this can help
If you can find your way around the world then there is very little that can stop you. Getting to work, socialising or getting access to in-person services. We can open up the possibilities for you to get out and about.
- Feel confident to travel, whether it's in your local community, interstate or overseas.
- Use your navigation devices to travel around your community.
- Develop strategies for visiting busy one-off locations like events and functions.
How this can help
- By helping you navigate more dynamic environments, you can experience amazing new opportunities.
- This can help you travel far and wide. Whether it’s further across your community, to more places in Australia or even overseas.
Meet the experts
Orientation and mobility specialist
Specialists in helping people who are blind or have low vision safely navigate the world with strategies and tools such as a white cane.
Access Technology Specialist
These professionals specialise in recommending and training people to use accessible technology and products suited to their needs.
Seeing Eye Dog instructor
Instructors work closely with clients to match the right dog with the right person. They stay in regular contact with clients, so they can continue working safely and successfully with their dog.