Vision Australia’s priority during the COVID-19 pandemic is health and safety of our clients, workforce and the wider community.
As we begin to again offer face to face appointments and welcome the public back into our Vision Australia locations, we have developed the below guidelines for our clients and staff.
Please ensure you are familiar with these guidelines and follow them before, during and after a face to face appointment with Vision Australia or visiting a Vision Australia location.
If you would like any more information about these guidelines, please call us on 1300 84 74 66.
Before your appointment:
- Are you well? If not, reschedule your appointment. If you or anyone in your household develops any cold / flu like symptoms (cough, sore throat, fever, watery, red or irritated eyes - conjunctivitis, shortness of breath) prior to or on the day of your appointment, please contact us and we will reschedule. There will be no cancellation fee.
- Will you require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)? PPE such as masks and gloves will be available upon request. Please let your service provider know your requirements before your appointment.
- If possible, consider if your appointment can be held outside.
- If you have any concerns or questions about our COVID-19 safe practices, please talk to your Vision Australia service provider prior to the appointment.
During the appointment:
- Staff will open and close room doors at the centre for you. Please open and close doors in your own home for Vision Australia.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, or sanitisers, for at least 20 seconds before your appointment. Your Vision Australia service provider is also required to do this prior to all appointments. (If you think of a better song than Happy Birthday let us know!)
- Use non-contact gestures when greeting staff, or elbow bump/footshake.
- If you need to cough or sneeze please use disposable tissues or your elbow and thoroughly wash or sanitise hands after.
- Attend the appointment alone if possible. If not, please limit one person to accompany you to the appointment if possible.
- If your children are accompanying you, please bring a toy or two to keep them occupied.
- Practice social distancing where possible and follow the guidelines of one person per four square metre rule and 1.5 metres between people. Our staff can support you with this.
- Please do not handle any Vision Australia equipment unless advised by staff.
- All equipment and surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before every use to minimise risk of infection.
After the appointment:
- You should wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or sanitize for at least 20 seconds after your appointment. Vision Australia staff are required to do this too.
- Consider telehealth as an option for follow up after face to face appointments. All Vision Australia service providers are offering telehealth services and they can assist you with getting it set up.
- Your Vision Australia service provider can also assist you to access retail services after your appointment.
For further information about staying safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Australian Department of Health Website.
You can also call the Department of Health’s 24/7 National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080.