The Perth festival is back and more accessible than ever, and this year Vision Australia Radio is proud to be a media partner for the Perth Festival 2020.
Perth Festival offers more than 250 events across theatre, music, dance, opera, film, visual arts and literature and ideas – many of them free – from near and far from February 7 – March 1.
Vision Australia Radio will be focusing its attention on promoting the large range of accessible events and spaces and interviewing festival organisers on the radio programs, while Vision Australia will provide advice to the organisers in how to best support the needs of the blind and low vision community.
Before booking, it’s important you register your details and companion card with the Festival so that your needs can be met every time you book a ticket! Send an email with your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 6488 8616.
Check back to our event section of the website for more information on Audio described events that are part of the Perth Festival 2020 program.
The radio news link is here: https://radio.visionaustralia.org/about-us/radio-news/var-partnership-perth-festival-2020
You can find out more about audio described events at the Perth Festival, including how to book tickets, in the list below:
- Bungul: Saturday 8 February, 7pm.
- Hecate: Wednesday 12 February, 7.30pm.
- Anthem: Friday 14 February, 7pm.
- Bran Nue Dae: Saturday 15 February, 2pm.
- Black Ties: Sunday 16 February, 6pm.
- Tao of Glass: Friday 21 February, 7pm.
- I’m a Phoenix, Bitch: Friday 28 February, 7pm.
- Leviathan: Saturday 29 February, 7pm.
- Highway to Hell: Sunday 1 March, 5pm.
- Cloudstreet: Sunday 8 March, 12pm.
For general information about the Perth Festival, head to www.perthfestival.com.au.