Supporting your patients experiencing vision loss
If your patient is blind or experiencing vision loss, we can help. We support the valuable work you do by providing specialised vision loss services they need to continue doing the things they love.
- Equipment to make daily living easier
- Support to remain independent and get around safely
- Education and career support
- Social and recreational groups
- Technology to keep connected
- Audio books for learning and leisure, and more
When to refer
- Their glasses no longer correct vision
- They are having difficulty with everyday tasks like reading, cooking and getting around
- They need advice and support adjusting to vision loss
- Upon diagnosis of a permanent and non-correctable eye condition or one that is likely to be progressive. We use current vision to prepare for future changes
How to refer
Online Click here to make an online referral.
Download printed referral form (PDF, 93KB)
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to: PO Box 176, Burwood, NSW, 1805
or Fax to: 1300 84 73 29
Eye condition fact sheets
Download eye condition fact sheets
To order simulation glasses for the following eye conditions please email your request to email@example.com. Orders of 25+ glasses will incur a fee of $1.50/pair.
- Age related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinis pigmentosa.
Large-print service brochures
Download the below large-print service brochures or
Download, complete and submit an order form (PDF, 505KB)
Is your eyesight changing? General information on how Vision Australia can help in the early stages of vision loss.
Live the life you choose - Explains the services we provide and goals and needs we support at key life stages.
Strong foundations for life - Support for children, adolescents and families. For families and teachers of children 0 to 18 who are blind or have low vision.
Support for every stage of life - Overview of support at key life stages. A cut down version of Live the Life You Choose brochure.
Eye trouble? We can help - Provides culturally appropriate general information about the support we provide
Share with people who understand - General info about social and emotional support services.
Skills to support people with vision loss - For people who support or interact with people who are blind or have low vision.
Your library for lifelong learning and leisure - An overview of library services for people with a vision impairment or print disability.
Supporting you on your employment pathway - Overview of our employment services.
The perfect partner for your NDIS plan - Explains the support available at Vision Australia.
Become a carer for a future seeing eye dog - Information about becoming a puppy carer.
Find the right employee for your business - Promotes the benefits of hiring Vision Australia clients for your business.
Make a real difference as a volunteer - Benefits of volunteering.
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales