The library service is available, free of charge, to people with a print disability:
- A person without sight, or whose sight is severely impaired
- A person unable to hold or manipulate books, or to focus or move his or her eyes e.g. MS, stroke, severe arthritis
- A person with a perceptual disability e.g. dyslexia, visual processing disorder
- It's free. Library materials are delivered through the post, free of charge to members, or by download.
- It's personal. Members may choose specific titles or design their own profile and receive books based on this profile.
- It's convenient. Library materials may be borrowed for up to two months and our friendly library staff are always happy to help. We're only a phone call away!
How to join
There are various options for joining the library. Please note that we require referee details.
There are a growing range of mainstream devices that play DAISY books. These include free software, many home CD or DVD players, smart phones and other MP3 players. Specialised DAISY Players are still available for purchase through Vision Australia.
From February 1st, 2012, new library clients will be asked whether they wish to use their own device or rent or purchase a DAISY player. The rental cost will be $79.00 if paid annually or $7.00 a month, ($84.00 pa.) Clients can pay the library by credit card, or by direct debit. The library will provide the standard player guide information with rental players.
Explore your options further via the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For those interested in software options, a range is described via the following link:
Partner with us
If you have a number of people interested in joining the library, we can help streamline the process through a partnership. We are currently supporting public libraries, nursing homes and other facilities, with training, DAISY players and centralised communication.
Telephone 1300 65 46 56 to find out how we can help.