Here at Vision Australia, we understand that every individual is unique, so we have created a cost effective services to provide accessible materials to students who experience print disability. Our services convert text into an alternate format that is easier to navigate and tailored to each individual’s preferences.
Vision Australia's Print Accessibility service offers:
- A one stop shop that supports the needs of students and support staff through a centralised resource hub
- Significantly improved turnaround times for e-text material: Study materials are delivered to users within a two week period (premium service) or for more planned materials within four weeks (standard service) affording students equitable access to time sensitive information
- An automated process: provides a cost effective solution to converting large amounts of simple and complex study material representing at least 50% savings on conventional conversion methods (currently excluding complex mathematics conversions)
- Quality and consistency of output amongst the different choices of formats i.e. marked-up E-text, Braille, large print and DAISY Audio. All formats meet international guidelines and standards and will be fully navigable.
We create accessible materials in these formats:
- Marked up Word documents
- DAISY text marked up to as many as six levels
- DAISY synthetic audio files marked up to as many as six levels (additional structuring can be provided on request)
- Large print documents to specified font (supplied in hard copy or electronic file)
- Braille documents produced in Grade 2 UEBC (supplied in hard copy or electronic file)
- Tactual graphics
- Music braille
- Print braille children's books