Why Vision Australia?
Our appointments are longer so we can go a step further than a regular optometry check-up because we provide advice when glasses are no longer enough.
What you can expect from us
- A full hour of personalised care from our skilled eye experts so we can take the time to explain your eye condition with care.
- Expert advice, life hacks and strategies to maximise your remaining vision to help you continue doing the things you love.
- Access to low-cost eyewear and our extensive range of low vision devices, and optical aids priced to suit all budgets.
- Live demonstrations with assistive technology so, all clients walk out with a device that will immediately help make every day a little bit easier.
- Potential referral into the broader support services offered by Vision Australia if desired.
Get help managing cataract, macular degeneration and glaucoma.
What would help you to live life on your terms?
Whether you’re at the very start of your journey or you’d like to learn the latest in assistive technology, we can help make life run smoother with products and services designed and selected to suit your goals.
Advice and support
Learn strategies, gain support, discover new technologies and products designed to help you thrive.
Connections and confidence
Connecting with others who share similar experiences is a good first step in regaining your confidence.
Independence and opportunity
Offering the latest technology and advice to help you succeed at work, studying at uni or in your day-to-day.
Bulk billed 60-minute appointment with an eye expert.
How much does it cost? It’s free.
Your eye health appointment will be bulk billed to Medicare, and a referral is not required. We can bill your health fund or assist with government funding advice for aids and equipment.
So, whether you or a loved one is facing macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract or any other vision impairment, Vision Australia’s Low Vision Clinic is on hand to help with expert low vision advice, optical aids, and support services.Book an appointment
Where are our clinics?
Following the popularity of our Kooyong Low Vision Clinic, we’ve now opened three more locations across Melbourne enabling you to choose one closest to you.
Dandenong office | View in Google Maps
45 Princess Hwy, Dandenong 3175
Ringwood office | View Google Maps
Shop 3, Civic Place, Eastland Shopping Centre, Ringwood 3134
Sunshine office | View in Google Maps
20 Withers St, Sunshine 3020
Now in 3 locations across Melbourne
Hear how Cheryl makes the most of her vision
Vision Australia client Cheryl, shares the big impact that small changes have made on her life with the right supports and services.
"I’ve got a little hand-held magnifier. It’s wonderful... Finally, I could read a menu, because sometimes every single word seems smaller than it should be. And if you’re at the supermarket, you want to make sure you’ve got the right product.”Listen to Cheryl’s story