Create useful, usable and accessible content that works well on mobile, tablet and desktop browsers.
Suitable for anyone who writes content for their organisation’s website, intranet.
The course modules are:
- Users: Covers reading behaviour online; how people with disabilities interact with content.
- Useful: Covers planning to ensure you identify your audience and meet their information needs.
- Findable: Covers content elements that affect search engine optimisation. Includes labelling content so people can identify pages listed in search results, social media links, browser tabs, bookmarks and histories.
- Scannable: Covers designing content for desktop computers, tablets and mobiles. Includes structure, headings, paragraphs, lists, tables and links.
- Readable: Covers writing for efficient and effective reading. Includes register, word choice, sentence length, verb voice, nominalisations, personal pronouns and concise writing.
- Accessible: Covers the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 in brief, focusing on the guidelines for images.
During the course, you’ll use an iPad we supply (shared with another participant), preloaded with the presentation files and exercises.
- Printed course notes which include handy checklists
- Access to download presentation slides (for personal use only)
- Loads of online resources (cheat sheets, tip sheets, writing exercises and more)
The course is facilitated by Dey Alexander, our training partner from 4 Syllables. Dey has over 20 years’ experience on web projects. Her current work is a mix of content strategy, user experience and inclusive design.
- Practical, no-nonsense approach. Covered exactly what I was looking for and was pitched at the right level.
- Incredibly useful. Everyone writing for the web should know this stuff.
- Very thought-provoking and great use of real examples.
- Enjoyed being involved in presenting some of the training. If I did it again, I’d still get something out of it.
- The examples were well chosen and made the ‘theory’ come to life.
2020 Course Dates and Registration
As of April, 2020, our public training courses are going ahead after September this year. We will provide further updates regarding any changes.
Courses scheduled from March will now be provided as online training. Please visit our training partner, 4 Syllables, for webinar details and registrations.
The course starts at 9.00am and finishes at 4.00pm.
From the list of locations below, click the date of the course you wish to attend. You will be redirected to our online registration page, which will provide venue details. Payment can be made online using a credit card (we will email you a tax receipt), or select ‘invoice’ to be invoiced directly from Vision Australia.
· Melbourne - October 8
· Canberra - November 12
Cost and Inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715
- Full price: $795
Phone: 1300 367 055