Renowned for its comprehensive approach to technical accessibility and inclusive design, this highly popular course will benefit anyone involved in the design, development or maintenance of websites.
You’ll learn how to test for accessibility issues within a website or web application and practical techniques to resolve them. We’ll demonstrate design and code solutions you can implement to achieve WCAG 2.0 Level AA conformance, as well as usability and accessibility best practices gathered through our own research and user testing across various disability groups.
This course is in alignment with the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard.
- A great workshop that covered WCAG technical compliance and real user issues – it will definitely help me practice and monitor web accessibility. (Mark, Victorian Government)
- A precise, well-presented training session. I feel confident that I've increased my skills and knowledge so that I can implement changes to our website. (Sarah, TAFE Western)
- Makes a tricky, technical area seem possible to tackle, with common sense approaches and practical tips. (Emma, NPS MedicineWise)
- I really liked that although it is quite a technical subject, it was delivered in a non-technical, understandable format. (Greg, ACT Government)
- Really great, informative content — I highly recommend. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining, too! (Zoe, University of Southern Queensland)
Designed for maximum engagement and flexible delivery, learning exercises and examples are provided and questions encouraged in this lecture-style presentation. Those with a basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS will gain the most from this course.
- Background to accessibility:
- WCAG 2.0 principles and structure
- Legal requirements in Australia
- How people with disabilities access the web
- Geospatial information
- Visual design
- Page structure
- Mobile sites and apps
- Data tables
- Testing tools and approaches
In addition to printed course notes, you’ll gain access to a custom-built website to practice your skills after the course. Designed by our experts as a self-assessment resource, the site can be used to:
- Practice identifying accessibility and inclusive design issues
- Practice using testing tools demonstrated during the course
- Evaluate your success by comparing your results with those we supply
2018 course dates
The course starts at 9.00am and finishes at 5.00pm.
From the list of locations below, click the date of the course you wish to attend. You will be redirected to an Eventbrite online registration page, which will provide venue details. Payment can be made online using a credit card (we will email you a tax receipt), or select 'Show other payment options' to request an invoice.
- Melbourne: May 3, October 18
- Sydney: May 10, October 25
- Canberra: May 17, November 1
- Brisbane: October 11
Cost and inclusions
Prices listed are per person, including GST. Catering is provided.
- Early bird (registrations confirmed more than 21 days prior): $715.50
- Group rate (registrations for 4 people or more): $715.50
- Full price: $795
Phone: 1300 367 055