Learn design and writing techniques to bring your online content to life. Produce content in plain language that's accessible to everyone. Consistent with the Australian Government Digital Service Standard. Designed for people who write for their organisation’s website, intranet or blog. Ideal for communicators, web writers, editors and content managers.
The course runs over 5 weekly webinars and includes 4 homework exercises.
The training is live and interactive via Zoom meetings, and a recording of each session is provided.
This course is offered by our training partner, Dey Alexander from 4 Syllables.
"Very thought-provoking and great use of real examples."
"Incredibly useful. Everyone writing for the web should know this stuff."
TBC for 2021
Each session runs for 50 - 60 minutes.
- $330 incl GST per registration
Users online reading behaviour
- Context and motivation for reading online
- Common behaviours
- Digital and literacy skills
- People with disabilities
Publish useful content
- Avoid ROT
- Plan before you write
- Maintain your content
Make content findable
- How people find and re-find content
- Content elements that affect search engine optimisation and findability
- Label and describe content to improve findability
Design scannable content
Write readable Content
- Tone of voice and scale of register
- Word choice
- Active and passive voice
- Hidden verbs
- Personal pronouns
- Noun strings
- Concise writing
Create Accessible Content
- Legal and policy context in Australia
- Overview of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1
- Guidelines on images and colour
- Printed course notes, posted to you by Express Post
- Electronic copy of the presentation slides
- Access to a recording of each webinar
Contact Dey Alexander at 4 Syllables.
Phone: 0419 556 470