On this page


As a career, you may be eligible for financial support from the Federal Government to support you and your loved one with daily living.  

Carers Allowance

If you're supporting someone who is blind or has low vision, you could be eligible for a Carers Allowance. This is a fortnightly payment from the Federal Government to assist with living costs. 

Centerlink covers full details and eligibility criteria.


Centrelink has a dedicated phone line to answer enquiries relating to Centrelink payments and services for people with a disability, illness and for carers.
For information about the Disability Support Pension, Mobility Allowance, Carer Payment, Carer Allowance, and Sickness Allowance call 13 2717 or visit the Services Australia website.