Talking Vision' is Vision Australia's national radio program on blindness and low vision.
In the program for the week of June 4, we bring you extensive coverage of the launch of Vision Australia's Reconciliation Action Plan. From the event held as part of National Reconciliation Action week you can hear highlights from the Welcome to Country, words from the RAP Project Manager and from the Chair of Vision Australia. We also bring you the guitar and voice of an outstanding blind Aboriginal musician.
In the program you can hear:
- Michael Hansen, General Manager Organisational Development with Vision Australia;
- Auntie Joy Wandin Murphy, A Senior Elder of the Wurundjeri Nation;
- Sheelagh Daniels-Mayes, Vision Australia RAP Project Manager;
- Dr Kevin Murfitt, Chair of Vision Australia;
- Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, blind Aboriginal musician.
Also this week, Frances Keyland from the Vision Australia Library previews in Reader Recommended, a book which happens to be of special significance to the international Guide Dog movement.