Vision Australia is a registered provider with My Aged Care.
We are here to support people and their loved ones to understand more about their vision condition and as part of their support network help them live life the way they want.
Like taking part in social activities and building connections with others, getting out and about in the community safely and confidently, remaining independent in the home and learning how to use technology to stay in contact with friends and family.
A dedicated person at Vision Australia will take the time to get to know each person, understand what’s important to them and find out what they want to achieve. They will work with and draw on the experience of our broad range of professional staff so they get the support they need, when they need it.
Vision Australia’s professional staff includes occupational therapists, orientation and mobility specialists, adaptive technology specialists, emotional and recreation group facilitators, orthoptists and librarians.
When a person needs specialist vision support
Everyone’s sight is as individual as they are and that’s why it’s important for them to partner with Vision Australia, a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services.
A person may need specialist vision support if they:
- Have trouble seeing even with their glasses on.
- Have trouble reading.
- Have been diagnosed with low vision or a degenerative eye condition such as Macular Degeneration or Glaucoma.
- Can no longer enjoy their favourite hobbies or interests, or complete daily tasks.
- Have trouble moving around at home or out in the community.
- Are legally blind.
How to refer a person to Vision Australia
You can refer a person to us through the Australian Government’s My Aged Care portal. Simply search for Vision Australia.
Looking for us on the myagedcare.gov.au website?
If you are already registered with My Aged Care and are looking for us on their website, simply use the following instructions:
- Visit myagedcare.gov.au
- Click on ‘Find a service’ – one of the six tabs, located at the top of the page
- This will take you to the ‘Step 1 Search by’ screen, where you can
- click on the radio button for ‘Location’ and conduct a search by typing in the suburb (or postcode) you live in; OR
- click on the radio button for ‘Name’ and type in “Vision”
- This will take you to the ‘Step 2 Select service type’ drop down menu.
- Click on the radio button of ‘Specialised Support Services’
- Tick the box ‘Vision Services’
On completing this form, you will be taken through to a webpage containing recordings of our recent webinars.