Date 22 Feb 2021
Time 14:00 PM
Address Online, Melbourne North East and Outer East , VIC
Phone 0428 853 566
Join our 'Being Internet Smart' series to explore how you can use the internet for your advantage!
Achieve more independence by exploring the variety of tools and lifestyle options available to you when using the internet.
Being at home does not mean missing out on social living, access to services, or managing your own financial and legal affairs.
Join us as we explore a variety of practical topics that will keep you connected. Topic details are outlined further below.
Week 1 - Connecting online using video meetings
- Zoom meetings
- Facebook Messenger
Week 2 – Cybersecurity and the Internet
- What is Cybersecurity
- What are you protecting yourself from?
- What are the differences in the way antivirus products operate?
Week 3 – Online shopping – Session 1
- Reasons people are reluctant to do online shopping
- The general way online shopping works
- The different methods of payment for online shopping
Week 4 – Online shopping – Session 2
- Case study – Coles online
- Things to be aware of while shopping online
Week 5 – Connecting to Online Services
- Online Banking
Week 6 – Being active on social media
- Benefits of being active on social media
- Current social media platforms
- Dos and don’ts on social media
Dates and times:
Please contact us to set a date and time for convenient for you.
How to Join:
You can join this program from the safety and convenience of your home via computer, tablet or even your phone.
It’s easy to join and our team is also available to assist you in getting set up if you like. Just mention it when our team contacts you to discuss your registration.
This series can be funded through your NDIS plan, My Aged Care or privately funded. Please contact us if you would like to know how to arrange funding.
Places are limited. To register or for more questions, please call Tony on 0428 853 566 or email here. Once you register, our team will contact you about dates and confirm your spot.