Date 10 Nov 2022
Time 15:30 PM
Address 78 McDougall Street, Kirribilli, , NSW
Phone Box Office: 9929 0644
Audio Described Thursday 10 November at 11am
Saturday 12 November 3.30pm
78 McDougall Street, Kirribilli
Box Office: 9929 0644
- Companion Cards accepted – please mention Audio Description when booking
- Playwright: Harold Pinter
- Director: Iain Sinclair
- Cast includes: Darren Gilshenan, Anthony Gooley and Henry Nixon
- Duration: 2 hours including an interval
- Content warning: This play contains historical language that audiences may find offensive. Recommended for ages 14+
In Harold Pinter’s extraordinarily mischievous comedy, Aston asks down-and-out Davis to be a live-in caretaker. Davis leaps at the chance to change his fortunes, but the trouble is he doesn’t know what a caretaker should do, especially in a room filled with junk. When Aston’s manipulative brother Mike shows up, the power struggle begins. Why does Aston collect all this stuff? Will Davies ever get a pair of decent shoes? And who will fix the drip in the ceiling?
In this famous contemporary classic, Harold Pinter cranks up the tension, piles on the laughs and teases out the emotional foibles of three lonely men. Director Iain Sinclair (A View From The Bridge) teams up once more with Darren Gilshenan (Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?) for this explosive, compelling theatrical event.