Date 07 Apr 2021
Time 09:00 AM
Address Vision Australia, 373 Old Cleveland Road , Coorparoo , QLD
Phone 07 3727 2345
Your child is invited to join our specially designed school holiday program
Program for 7-10 year olds
- Children will learn cooking skills, mobility skills, and have the opportunity to meet and learn from other children with vision impairment.
- Orientation and mobility (O&M) travel day will begin on-site and will travel tod will travel to Brisbane city via bus.
- Brisbane City Botanic Gardens Adventure is planned, providing great O&M learning opportunities with geography, science, and history.
- On the cooking day children will make lunch, and afternoon tea using different utensils and appliances in the kitchen.
- The primary goal is to expose and increase your child's independence and confidence in the kitchen.
When and Where?
7 - 8 April 2021
Vision Australia, 373 Old Cleveland Road Coorparoo 4151
What to bring each day
Please bring lunch, water bottle and sunscreen and any travel aides or assistive devices currently used.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Cooking day 8 April, only afternoon tea is required.
This program is funded through NDIS under ‘Capacity Building.’
For those wishing to participate who are not on the NDIS they can still participate with a fee for service, please call to discuss this payment option.
- 7th April 2021, 9am - 3pm, Orientation and Mobility
- 8th April 2021, 9am - 3pm Cooking
Please note: Clients need to be independent with self-care such as toileting, and independently able to navigate familiar environments.
Achieving at or above year 1 academic level.
How to register
For further information and to register please contact Tracy Millwood by:
Phone: 07 3727 2345 or