On this page
Is your child considering University or TAFE?
Vision Australia provides expert services in preparing young people who are blind or have low vision for the next steps in their further education. We can support your child in gaining the information they need to make decisions about their future, giving them confidence to make their own choices.
Video: How will your child benefit?
Listen on as Vision Australia’s Children and Young People Program Co-ordinator Belinda Wilson talks about our new Tertiary Ready program and why your child would benefit from joining the sessions to further them on their educational journey.
- Tertiary Ready is designed for young people who are blind or have low vision aged 14 to 18 years old who wish to enter tertiary education.
- The program is available across Australia, as all sessions take place online.
- Running for 6 weeks between May 21 to June 4 2024, with a post-course Zoom meeting in the week commencing June 11 2024.
- Tertiary Ready has been designed to support your child by giving them the information they need to make choices about their future.
How the sessions work
The sessions take place online, using an online learning system that was designed to simulate an online tertiary environment. Students will listen to lectures, discuss topics with their peers, navigate an online learning system, and complete assignments. The sessions will be held after school and each group will be limited to 12 participants to ensure everyone has an inclusive, quality experience where they can meet their peers from across the country.
Registrations close: Friday March 29 2024
Program starts: Week commencing May 6 2024
Individual sessions: Will be booked between the students and Vision Australia service providers.
Group sessions will be held on:
- Tuesday May 21 2024, 7.00pm - 8.30pm (AEDT)
- Tuesday May 28 2024, 7.00pm - 8:30pm (AEDT)
- Tuesday June 4 2024, 7.00pm - 8:30pm (AEDT)
Program ends: Week commencing June 11 2024
The cost to participate in Tertiary Ready can be funded through your NDIS plan under NDIS item code 15_056_0128_1_3.
The minimum cost for the program is $1,285.18. It is highly recommended that all participants have funding for additional follow-up hours to support any learning outcomes. A discussion will be had before any extra hours are billed to your service agreement.