Vision Australia continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation, but we’re excited to give people more ways to access our services in a COVID-safe way.
What you need to know about Vision Australia services
All Vision Australia locations are currently open to the public and we can provide face to face appointments to people across Australia in our centres, their homes and in the community.
You can also continue to access Vision Australia services by telehealth.
We’ve put in place a number of practices to keep everyone who attends a Vision Australia location or appointment safe.
- Strict infection control practices for all staff and locations
- Providing staff with PPE and encouraging its use during appointments
- A COVID-19 screening process prior to face to face appointments
- Requiring people to sign in when attending a Vision Australia location.
Vision Australia COVID-19 safety guidelines
We’ve also put together some simple guidelines we’d like people to follow before, during and after attending a Vision Australia location or appointment, which you can find online.
We understand these measures will make your visits or appointments with us a little different to what you’re used to, but we’re committed to keeping you, our workforce and the wider community safe.
If you would like to discuss these further, enquire about visiting a Vision Australia location, or make a booking for face to face appointment, you can call us on 1300 84 74 66 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’re also free to contact your local Vision Australia centre or regular Vision Australia service provider.
All Vision Stores, within Vision Australia centres, are now open to the public. Your local Vision Store team will undertake a COVID-19 risk assessment on arrival or over the phone if you would like to arrange an appointment.
Our COVID safe environment allows us to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff and visitors and we are following strict social distancing and hygiene protocols.
You can browse the Vision Store range and make purchases online at shop.visionaustralia.org or call our Vision Store team on 1300 84 74 66.
Vision Australia Seeing Eye Dogs
The Seeing Eye Dogs team is continuing to carry out the vital work of breeding, raising and training Seeing Eye Dogs.
Some changes have been put into place to keep the staff, clients and volunteers safe, while allowing this work to continue. For more information, please visit www.sed.visionaustralia.org/covid19.
Other useful information
The COVID-19 pandemic does present some specific challenges for people who are blind or have low vision.
Vision Australia has put together the below information to support people who are blind or have low vision and the wider community during COVID-19:
- Staying safe in public during COVID-19
- Advice for wearing a mask for people who are blind or have low vision
- Assisting people who are blind or have low vision in public during COVID-19
General COVID-19 information and advice
Vision Australia is encouraging everybody to follow the restrictions and advice from health authorities that apply to them. In particular it’s important people take notice of when and how they should self-isolate and undergo COVID-19 testing if possible.
It is important to get your information from accurate and trusted sources. Below is a list of all state and territory health authorities and their current guidance.
- New South Wales: www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19
- Victoria: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Queensland: www.covid19.qld.gov.au
- South Australia: www.sa.gov.au/covid-19
- Western Australia: www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus
- Australian Capital Territory: www.covid19.act.gov.au
- Northern Territory: www.coronavirus.nt.gov.au
- Tasmania: www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au.
You can also find up to date information about the COVID-19 situation on the Australian Department of Health’s website or call their 24/7 hotline on 1800 020 080.
Staying connected with Vision Australia
You can contact Vision Australia via phone on 1300 84 74 66 or via email at email@example.com.
We have a number of ways we can help people stay connected with Vision Australia and the wider community, including:
- Vision Australia Library (Please note there have been changes to the physical Kooyong Library)
- Vision Australia Radio
- Vision Australia podcasts
- Telelink, Quality Living Groups and peer support
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and we will be in contact if we are required to take further steps.
CEO, Vision Australia