Vision Austraila has put a number of protections in place to ensure that your transactions are extremely safe and that your information is secure.
When transacting via our secure server, your credit card and personal details are encrypted using the latest industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 128 Bit encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. It encrypts all your personal information, including credit card number, name and address, so that it cannot be read while the information travels over the Internet.
Your credit card number is removed from our on-line server within one minute of it arriving and is stored on a separate secure server, which is not accessible via the Internet at all. If you are still unsure about sending your credit card to us via the Internet, then we suggest you use one of our other payment methods.
Security is a two-way street and it’s up to you to ensure you protect your information. Please read our security tips below.
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least eight characters - a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use your name, e-mail address or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It's also recommended that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Vision Australia will never e-mail or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their credit card or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted when completing an order on visionaustralia.org.au.
- If you are contacted by, or receive an unsolicited e-mail from an unknown entity, and are asked to confirm or provide your password or personal or banking information, simply disregard the request and report the incident to Vision Australia for investigation.