Applications for the Vision Australia Further Education Bursary are now closed and will reopen on 1 August 2015.
In 2015, Vision Australia will award Further Education Bursaries to a select number of students who are blind or have low vision.
The Bursaries provide adaptive technology to help ensure that these students can fully participate and succeed in their chosen studies.
Students of any age can apply for a Vision Australia Further Education Bursary.
- Be or become, a client of Vision Australia
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be living or moving to Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, the Northern Territory or Tasmania
- Be enrolling to study at an institution in Victoria, ACT, NSW, Queensland, the Northern Territory or Tasmania
- Be enrolling to study in at least Certificate IV or higher accredited courses including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees (not a Foundation or Enabling course) at the start of the year or be already enrolled in such a course (preference may be given to those in the early stages of a course).
Each year a Victorian Bursary recipient selected by our committee to have best met these criteria will also receive the Fairhall Memorial Scholarship of $150.
The Bursary Committee will take the following criteria into consideration when making their selection, thus Applicants are advised to address these factors in their application:
- Reasoning behind course selection
- Career prospects on completion of course.
2.Potential for success in chosen courses
- Level of achievement demonstrated in previous results
- Work experience
- Academic awards, prizes or acknowledgement
- Ability to successfully complete course.
- Community service
- Volunteer work
- Raising a family
- Music involvements
- Sporting or other achievements.
4.Demonstrated need for the equipment
- What if any adaptive technology have you used in the past
- What if any accommodations have you received (for example alternative format text)
- Justification of the need for any additional equipment beyond your current equipment
- Implications of not having the equipment
- Justification of the types of equipment and its benefits.
Applications are treated in the strictest confidence. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
To make an appointment contact:
Tertiary Education Consultant
Telephone (direct): 03 8378 1223
Toll free: 1300 84 74 66
Fax: 1300 84 73 29
Download the Bursaries poster (PDF)
Download the Bursaries poster (Word)
List of recent bursary winners