Join our Pre-employment Training Program. Your pathway to a successful career.
Vision Australia invites people who are blind or have low vision to join our pre-employment training program.
The program will offer a full-time, work-simulated environment to provide you with the skills, techniques, and motivation to reach your career goals as well as remove barriers to employment opportunities.
There are two available programs.
Program 1: Victoria
Open to all ages and years of work history.
- Ability to attend the program full-time for three weeks
- Strong computer and adaptive technology skills
- Strong desire to obtain employment (full time or part time)
6th – 24th March 2017.
(Monday – Friday excluding March 13th Vic Labour Day).
9am – 3.30pm daily
Vision Australia, 346 Macaulay Road, Kensington VIC
For more information and to apply contact Belinda Wilson on 03 8378 1223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Program 2: Queensland, Northern NSW and Northern Territory
Open to recent high school graduates who live in Queensland, Northern NSW and the Northern Territory.
About the program
The program is a four-week, full-time program. Developed by Dr Karen Wolffe, PhD, world-renowned expert on career counselling it will help you:
- assess your career interests, abilities, values and challenges
- investigate the labour market including jobs in which people who are blind or who have low vision are successful
- find job leads, apply for jobs of interest and submit a written application including résumé
- perform well in an interview
- determine how to handle disability-related issues such as how and when to disclose information about your vision impairment, how to handle workplace modification queries positively, and how to make a favourable impression on potential employers
- participate in a simulated workplace and practice expected standards of behavior in meetings
- assess and use your computing and adaptive equipment to perform job tasks
- attend face-to-face and virtual meetings, communicate effectively via email and hold professional conversations by telephone
- undertake individual and team projects that have benefits for you, your fellow participants, and other job seekers.
- Ability to attend the program full-time for four weeks
20th February – 17th March 2017
9.30am – 4.00pm daily
Vision Australia, 373 Old Cleveland Road, Coorparoo and via video conference
For more information and to apply contact Harmonie Downes on 07 3727 2217 or email email@example.com by 23 January 2017