Life doesn’t stop after vision loss, Vision Australia will work with you to develop creative solutions and tailored strategies so you have the confidence to live your life the way you choose.
We can assess your sight and give you more information about your eye condition to help you to better understand your vision loss.
Drawing from the broad experiences of our professionally trained staff, your assigned Vision Australia worker will also support you to modify your daily activities so you can continue to do what you want and love to do.
We do this by:
For advice or support at any stage, contact your local centre or call us on 1300 84 74 66.
- Providing advice and training on equipment, strategies and techniques to support you to get the most out of life.
- Introducing you to technology and aids such as magnifiers, correct lighting or screen reading software to assist you to stay organised, keep in touch, get things done, browse the internet, relax with a book and more.
- Working collaboratively with you to develop your confidence and skills to get out and about safely and independently. We can teach you how to use a white cane or match you with a Seeing Eye Dog.
- Facilitating telephone and centre-based activities as well as excursions to support you to continue or find a new hobby, interest or sport.
- Supporting you to prepare, gain and stay in meaningful employment.
- Providing recommendations and training on appropriate technology to help you to stay in your existing job as your vision changes.
- Teaching you to read braille or explore other ways of accessing information, such as audio, electronic text or large print.