Connecting with others is a great way to share information, tips, and experience on living with blindness or low vision and get emotional or social support from peers. Vision Australia has a number of ways that you can connect with us and others in the blind and low vision community.
Connect in Person
- Join a Local Client Group. Over 60 groups meet regularly in local communities. Find a group near you at www.visionaustralia.org/localclientgroups or by calling Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66.
- Local Vision Australia centres often organise fun events and activities. Check out what’s on at our Events page here.
- Get involved with a recreation group to get fit and healthy or continue to do the hobbies you love - the possibilities are endless. Call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66 to speak to a Recreation Development worker.
- Join a Vision Australia online forum to share ideas.
- Join our Facebook or Twitter communities.
Connect by Telephone
- Join Vision Australia’s Telelink Program. Topics include Current Affairs, Crosswords, Gardening, AFL Tipping, Book Clubs and social groups in languages other than English.
- Share ideas and strategies on coping with vision loss in Vision Australia’s Quality Living Group Program. Groups meet weekly by phone for 8 weeks and are facilitated by a Vision Australia staff member.
- One-on-one Peer Support connects you with someone who can share their lived experience of coping with vision loss.
- Get involved in Telelink, Quality Living Groups or Peer Support by calling 1300 84 74 66.
Keep in Touch
For more information on any of these ways to connect with Vision Australia and the blind and low vision community, please call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66 or email email@example.com
More ways to connect with others:
Visit our support group directory. Please note that most of the groups listed are not affiliated with Vision Australia.