Vision Australia assists families to help their children achieve the greatest levels of independence, participation and development, enabling them to live the life they choose.
We work with you, your family and other agencies to provide the supports you want, when and where you want them.
We do this by:
- Helping you as a parent understand your child’s vision.
- Building strategies with you to maximise your child’s learning opportunities.
- Assessing the home environment and identifying opportunities to support your child’s learning and development.
- Encouraging the development of speech and language, and supporting communication. between a child and their parents, siblings, carers and peers.
- Supporting you as a parent in your conversations with schools so you are able to confidently talk to teachers about your child’s needs.
- Assistance to develop social skills to support inclusion.
- Advice with school-age braille, reading and writing technology and equipment supports.
- Supporting teenagers to explore career opportunities, further study and more.
Pictured on the right:
Aspiring Paralympic swimmer Jenna Jones is on the Road to Rio. She is photographed, proudly wearing her championship medals at a visit to Vision Australia in Sydney.