- Call Vision Australia to find out about the range of services available to people who are vision impaired.
Vision Australia are specialists in services for people who are vision impaired and can help you to make well-informed decisions to get the most out of My Aged Care.
You can call us to discuss your requirements on:
Vision Australia Helpline on 1300 84 74 66
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or at one of the 28 metro and regional centres around Australia.
- When you think you may be ready for services you will need to call My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 20 04 22. They will confirm your eligibility for aged care services.
We can assist you. A Vision Australia consultant can join you on the telephone call to support you during this conversation. Call the Vision Australia Helpline or one of the Vision Australia metro or regional centres to arrange this.
- You will be asked questions over the phone to help work out your needs and care arrangements which takes at least 10 minutes.
- You will need your Medicare card.
- If you are calling on behalf of someone else, they will need to be present to give their consent.
- Have a face-to-face assessment with a My Aged Care assessor.
- My Aged Care may arrange for a trained assessor to come to your home to do a face-to-face assessment.
- With your consent they will assess your care needs and eligibility for services, and work with you to develop a Support Plan that addresses your needs, goals and preferences.
- After the assessment you will be provided with information about costs and told if you need a financial assessment.
You can choose Vision Australia as part of your My Aged Care support plan for all your low vision or blindness needs. Any of our services can be included by simply asking your assessor to add them to your plan. Your assessor can find Vision Australia services listed in the Specialised Support Services Vision category.
We can assist you. A Vision Australia consultant can also support you during the assessment. Call the Vision Australia Helpline or one of the Vision Australia metro or regional centres to arrange this.
- Choose the service providers to deliver your services.
Once you have agreed to your Support Plan, your assessor and My Aged Care can help you find the right service providers in your community.
Services are listed in the Service Finder on the My Aged Care website. You will find Vision Australia services listed under the Specialised Support Services Vision category.
If you have chosen Vision Australia as one of your service providers we can start working together to help you can achieve your goals.