The two battery handle illuminated stand magnifier uses both batteries and a globe. These are located in the handle of the magnifier which detaches from the magnifier head.
Changing batteries - two battery handle
- The batteries are located in the handle of the magnifier.
- Unscrew the bottom of the handle (the magnifying head can remain attached) to release the batteries. Refer to the photo below.
- Replace with two C type batteries, pointy end of the battery in first.
Replacing the globe
- Slide the magnifying head off the handle.
- Unscrew the globe to remove.
- Replace with a 2.5V globe. The globe is available from Vision Australia.
- Return the magnifying head to the handle by sliding it back on.
- Switch on the magnifier to test whether the globe is correctly positioned.