Vision Australia has developed innovative and highly cost effective services to meet the needs of tertiary institutions with students who experience print disability. Our service provides the seamless conversion of text into fully navigable alternate formats based on individual student format preferences.
- marked up Word documents (.doc Word 2003)
- DAISY text marked up to as many as six levels
- DAISY synthetic audio files marked up to as many as six levels (additional structuring can be provided on request)
- large print documents to specified font (supplied in hard copy or electronic file)
- braille documents produced in Grade 2 UEBC (supplied in hard copy or electronic file)
- a one stop shop that supports the needs of students and support staff through a centralised resource hub
- significantly improved turnaround times: Study materials are delivered to users within a two week period (premium service) or for more planned materials within four weeks (standard service) affording students equitable access to time sensitive information
- an automated process: provides a cost effective solution to converting large amounts of simple and complex study material representing at least 50% savings on conventional conversion methods (currently excluding complex mathematics conversions)
- simple administration: upcoming accessible web interface ensures that anyone can access the service independently, providing for real ease of use of the system
- quality and consistency of output amongst the different choices of formats i.e. marked-up E-text, Braille, large print and DAISY Audio. All formats meet international guidelines and standards and will be fully navigable.