Are you interested in providing an opportunity to a Vision Australia jobseeker or do you have a current staff member who would benefit from our services?
Vision Australia can:
- Provide you with more information about the range and types of vision loss experienced by people who are blind or have low vision and the benefits associated with employing someone from this group.
- Identify roles within your workplace that may suit a person who is blind or has low vision.
- Conduct an assessment of your workplace to determine what assistive technology or equipment could be implemented to enable positions to be carried out by people who are blind or have low vision.
- Introduce you to suitable jobseekers.
- Provide assistance to a current staff member experiencing vision loss, including an individualised workplace assessment to determine what strategies and technologies could be put in place to enable them to successfully continue in their position.
- Provide assistance in accessing funding for the purchase of assistive technology or equipment.
- Provide information and training to co-workers in relation to the practicalities of working with a person who is blind or has low vision.
Download information on employment services: